- Why we shouldn’t let Google (or anyone else) claim their private services are public spaces – Boing Boing
" It's private in all the respects that serve Google's business interests and protect it from liability and risk, but public in all the respects that make us want to use it. But in trying to have its cake and eat it, Google ends up staking an implicit claim to quality-control over what people think is public speech."
(Tags: Google privacy )
- I’ll tell you why movie revenue is dropping… :: rogerebert.com :: News & comment
"The message I get is that Americans love the movies as much as ever. It's the theaters that are losing their charm. Proof: theaters thrive that police their audiences, show a variety of titles and emphasize value-added features. The rest of the industry can't depend forever on blockbusters to bail it out."
(Tags: Film Filmindustrie )
- Gastkommentar: Den städtischen Wandel Berlins als Chance betrachten! – Andere Meinung – Meinung – Tagesspiegel
- The golden age of journalists noticing new blogs is over – Boing Boing
"There are still plenty of people who love to write– not just share, Tweet and comment– for a living, and blogs are still the best platform for that. In many ways, professional blogging is just getting started. It's a time when new entrants are jumping into the field with bold, fresh ideas, standing on the shoulders of the blogging giants that came before, taking a second stab at reinventing the new media landscape."
(Tags: Journalismus Blogs BlogsVsJournalism )
- [toread] VOCER — Der Schwindel